We are looking for an intern to support the work of MCA. This year, 2016 is an important year for climate change campaigning. With world leaders having met for the UN Summit in Paris just at the end of 2015, it’s important that the movement keeps going to ensure government lives up to its promises.
We want to ensure that Muslim communities are represented in the discussions and here are a list of things we’ve done so far:
- Launch at Houses of Parliament with distinguished guests
- Scripted and produced a video to showcase to the wider community
- First ever Jummu’ah Prayer in Parliament Square!
- Green Torch campaign to educate Muslims about Climate Change
- Statement signed by over 50+ leaders and presented at House of Lords
- Interfaith moment at People’s March for Climate, Justice & Jobs in front of 60,000-70,000 people
- Delegation of Muslims from across the UK went to mobilise in Paris for COP21
The internship is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in gaining experience, skills and contacts within the campaigning and environmental sectors.
You do not need any specific experience – we are just looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated interest in climate change and environmental issues
- Excellent administrative, written communication and organisational skills
- Commitment to seeing the role through to the end
The internship is for 1 day per week for a period of 6 months at Bounds Green. Travel and lunch expenses will be paid.
- Support steering committee members to organise events and campaign activities
- Take minutes at MCA steering committee and member meetings.
- Respond to enquiries about MCA
- Write news stories and articles for the MCA website and other sites
- Maintain electronic administrative systems for MCA
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter of no more than 2 pages to firstname.lastname@example.org and put in subject “MCA Internship 2016”.
DEADLINE: 5pm Thursday 28th January 2016