About Muslim Climate Action
Muslim Climate Action (MCA) is a group of UK Muslim organisations concerned about climate change. As active members of Muslim communities living in the UK, we believe it is our duty to speak, act and collaborate with like-minded people to tackle the most dangerous threat to human life and our beautiful planet.
Our aims are to:
- Share best practice on climate change campaigning and programmes amongst member organisations to build our capacity and expertise
- Showcase work being undertaken by UK Muslim organisations to address climate change
- Highlight Islamic perspectives on the environment and climate change issues among Muslim communities, the media and the wider society
- Represent Muslim voices in the UK on climate change by joining together for campaign activities and moments
About the internship
We are looking for an intern to support the work of MCA. 2016 is an important year for climate change campaigning with world leaders meeting for the UN Summit in Morocco at the end of the year. We want to ensure that Muslim communities are represented in the discussions and have a host of exciting events and campaign activities planned throughout the year including a launch event in parliament, a UK-wide mosque campaign, publicity stunts and a petition.
The internship is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in gaining experience, skills and contacts within the campaigning and environmental sectors.
You do not need any specific experience – we are just looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated interest in climate change and environmental issues
- Excellent administrative, written communication and organisational skills
- Commitment to seeing the role through to the end
The internship is for 1 day per week for a period of 6 months. Travel and lunch expenses will be paid.
- Support steering committee members to organise events and campaign activities
- Take minutes at MCA steering committee and member meetings.
- Respond to enquiries about MCA
- Write news stories and articles for the MCA website and other sites
- Maintain electronic administrative systems for MCA